The most generous route for disposing of old clothes is through donations to charities A lot of homeless children and adults are elated to receive clothing donations, especially during the winter months. It is time to declutter your wardrobe and make it useful for a person in need.
- American Red Cross is one of the oldest and most well-reputed humanitarian organizations in the world. It provides emergency assistance, disaster relief, and disaster preparedness education for millions of people around the world. It has a partnership with GreenDrop and receives donated clothes and re-sells them to thrift stores to benefit the ones in need.
- Dress for Success is a non-profit organization that empowers the low-income women and provides them with work-appropriate attire as they look out for employment. It accepts new and ready-to-wear women’s clothing that is suitable for business purposes.
- Goodwill is the most well-known place to donate used clothes. It is funded by a widespread network of retail thrift stores. The revenue helps the individuals in finding employment and grow their careers by providing them with job training and placement services.
- One Warm Coat believes in sharing the warmth during the cold winter season. It provides free coats to men and women in need. It works towards the mission of raising awareness of the crucial need for warm coats. It accepts new and gently used coats that are tidy and wearable.
- Planet Aid takes donation and recycles all the unwanted clothes.It saves all the textiles from the landfill in order to save the environment. The proceeds move toward development projects to fight poverty in the pecuniary regions.
- Vietnam Veterans of America is an organization that promotes and serves the needs of Vietnam War veterans through education, legislative initiatives, and outreach programs. It collects donations of clothing, which they either give directly to homeless and low-income veterans or re-sell in their resale stores to generate funds for their various programs and initiatives.
- Suiting Warriors is an organization that accepts men’s work clothing. It provides clothes to veterans looking for work in the Northeast. Also, Men’s Warehouse hosts a National Suit Drive for one month every year. It gives donations to at-risk men transitioning into the workforce.
- Brides for a Cause is a noble organization that rejuvenates the lives of your wedding gowns. It collects and resells gowns and donates profits to women’s charities. Adorned in Grace is another such organization that collects dresses and wedding accessories and uses proceeds to promote awareness and prevention of sex trafficking and restoration for trafficking victims.
A large number of organizations sell unwearable clothing items they receive as donations to textile recycling centers. Thus, you can take the worn clothes off your hands through an exchange for a donation of usable goods or money to cover any associated costs for resale overseas or recycling. Once you make a donation, you can sleep peacefully knowing that your clothing is not contributing to landfill waste.v