If you are planning to relocate to a new place or wanting to make space in your wardrobe, then donating clothes is a good option to consider. In fact, donation is an activity that you must engage in every once in a while. It serves as a feel good factor to oneself and improves the living conditions of the poor people. Read the following pointers to know more about the organizations that undertake donation charities.
- Mel Trotter Ministries was founded in 1900 as a regional organization in Michigan. The clothes you donate here are put into their thrift stores, and the funds are used to help the homeless. Also, you can write off your donation on your taxes. They accept all types of gently used clothes and shoes. It offers donation pick-up services to collect your items.
- Project G.L.A.M. receives all the old prom and formal dress with open arms. Look into the back of your closet and share the ones that are not needed by you. Their donations extend to teenage girls in need who do not have enough money to dress up for the proms. The organization allows for drop-off facilities as well.
- Vincent de Paul is a worldwide non-profit organization founded in 1833. The donations they receive are kept in their thrift stores and sold at much lower prices. Interestingly, anything that can not be sold is made to recycle. They receive all the clothing items, shoes, belts, handbags, and jewelries.
- United Way was founded in 1887 as a worldwide organization. They put all the received items of donations into their stores so that the people in need can purchase those clothes at cheap prices. They accept any type of clothes, including swimsuits, snow boots, winter coats, and prom dresses.
- ClothingDonations.org is a service of the Vietnam Veterans of America. Their team picks up the used clothes and household goods as per your convenience. Later, they use the donations to support the programs to address the concerns and requirements of all the veterans.
- Mary Advocates was earlier known as the Hoboken University Medical Center Auxiliary. Its goal is to raise donations for health care and health education. It accepts household items and clothing donations in usable condition.
- York Street Project works with an objective of weaving innovative programs to shelter, feed, and educate the needy. Also, they promote the healing and independence of women and children.
Go through all your clothes that are no longer in use. Assort them into three piles, i.e., keep, donate, and toss. You can distinguish by choosing what you need to keep, what you want to donate, and what is in such a deteriorated state that it is not worth donating and better be thrown in the trash. Remember that the ones you want to donate goes into the donation box. Then you can either drop it off at the pick up points designated by the respective organizations.