Do not put a limit on the clothes you donate, unless they are wet or dirty. Wet clothes can promote the growth of fungus and bacteria. It is always suitable to wash the clothes you are going to donate beforehand.
- H&M is a brand that promotes buy-back programs where they receive all the clothes in any condition belonging to any brand. You can even donate the lower-quality garments that do not deserve to go into a landfill.
- Vincent de Paul is a Catholic network that gives clothes to people in need. You can stock up all the used as well as unused clothes and put them into use for someone in dire need.
- A Goodwill or Salvation Army have a non-profit mission. They share a part of the money with the local community that creates the jobs.
- Free the Girls is a non-profit organization that gives the intimate wears to sex trafficking survivors in El Salvador, Mozambique, and Costa Rica. They further sell it in second-hand markets so that the women can become financially independent.
- Dress For Success is a fashion organization based out of New York. It works on the motto of non-profit and strives to improve the lives of women around it. The preliminary step starts with providing decent clothing, as not everyone can afford clothes for work and interviews.
- eBay is an online platform that not only buys and sells goods but also gives back to the society with the charity and donation programmes. You can sell for charity, and donate to it.
- Career Gear works hand-in-hand with underprivileged men and helps them transform their lives. If you have men’s clothing such as trousers, blazers, shoes, shirts, and so on at home that you want to donate, then do the good deed.
- Big Brother Big Sister Organization aims at reaching out to the children in the region of Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire. It raises funds to conduct mentoring, wellness, and education programmes. Every item of clothing that you donate is converted to cash, and all of this money is pumped back into these programs.
Make a donation box as per your convenience which you can drop a bag of the clothes and apparels. Do check the boxes for any unwanted items before you pack them. Most organizations have a pickup service, and you can apply for it.
A member or two of the staff will pick up the stuff right from your doorstep. You can also walk in to the store to make the donation. Just ensure that you make a phone call and schedule your visit beforehand. Donate anything ranging from kids’ clothings and winter wears to bed sheets.
Everything you let out becomes a source of utility for someone waiting in some corner. Taking out time from your hectic schedule and planning donations for it is always a blessing to help others in need. Your clothes can also shelter other people and impart a noble deed.
We can see a fashion revolution in the contemporary world. The people are no longer turning a blind eye to the needy and poor. The masses are now more sensitive to every section of the society. There is no better way to help others than to donate your old clothes. It provides a sense of shelter to the ones battling with financial troubles. At the same time, it provides a sense of goodwill because it is always good to engage oneself in an act of charity every once in a while.
Moreover, cleaning out the closet every once in a while lifts an enormous weight off your shoulders. Clothes you no longer require or no longer have a place for frees up an extra space in the cupboard. Do not let all these clothes go to waste, and instead donate them. You may be a person who purposefully hangs on to every festive costume you have ever owned. Or you can not simply get around to purge in a couple years. Do not worry as the following points will assist you in dealing with your old clothes.
- Madre is an international human rights organization that partners with local grassroots groups to support the primary requirements of women around the globe. It includes clothes and grooming utilities.
- Big Brother Big Sister Foundation believes that a donation is neither too small nor too large. It converts the old clothing and household items into treasure for the ones in need.
- The Salvation Army is a charitable organization that uses pickup truck services to collect old clothing items from the givers.
- Dress For Success believes in collecting skirt suits or black blazers to enhance the confidence of a woman when she makes her way into a workforce
- Career Gear is a job readiness organization that provides interview clothing as well as training to men entering and re-entering the workforce.
- Fairy Godmothers understands that prom is a special occasion that no high schooler should miss simply because they can not afford formal clothes. It helps to outfit prom-goers for the big night.
- Brides Across America is a charity organization that lends a helping hand to the partners of the ones serving in the army. It provides such brides with free gowns so as to reduce the stress of planning the wedding.
- United Way is one of the world’s largest non-profit organizations that relies heavily on volunteers and donations to help improve the lives of the less fortunate.
Donation is a type of charity that should not be given any second thoughts. To live a privileged life is a blessing that only a few fortunate people can afford. We must develop sensitivity to our fellow brothers and sisters who have to struggle to make a decent earning for themselves. This is the reason why certain organizations as discussed above are taking a strive forward in reaching out to the deserving individuals. Extend a hand of generosity and be a part of the good deed.